asked questions- offer from another company:
getting an offer from another company, my current employer offered me
5% more than the offer I got from the other company. I don't know what to do. Do I negotiate
with the other company or do I accept my current employer's higher
First you should evaluate & compare other factors such as
career paths, the companies, the actual jobs, job security...etc.
Questions that come to mind: If you are worth that much more, why
didn't your current employer pay you accordingly before you got the
other offer? So you had to force them to pay you more! How will they
treat you after this & in the future?
You can tell the other company that you have a higher offer from
your company BUT it could backfire, as they may think, if they give
you more, you may go back to your current employer & ask for
more... etc. So be very careful if you decide to negotiate further
with the other company.
Probably the safest option would be to tell the other company that you
decided to accept their offer (assuming you want to do this), but see
if they can improve the offer as your current company has offered you
more, but make it clear that you have no intention of staying with
your current employer (again assuming you don't intend to stay with
your current employer) & make it clear that you won't continue to
go back & forth between the two companies.
Work from home
Highest paying jobs
Summary of other FAQ- salary/ pay rise questions & answers:
Previous question &
question & answer
Also see our other FAQ categories:
We frequently add new frequently asked
questions & answers.